Friday 21 October 2011

Circle.


You close in on me.
I push you away.
I fight, kick, scream, resist.
Throw me against the ground, but with your hand behind my head.
Hold my twitching self down. Whisper what I refuse to listen, but crave to hear.
Force your brown gaze into my restless eyes.
Chill me.
Indulge in my melancholy.
Brave my inner demons, my conflicting emotions.
Calm the turmoil, the fears galore.
Lay with me, through the eloquent silence, as our fervent breaths mingle.
Cherish my tranquil self, till it lasts.
For, I pull away, with a violent jerk, hysteria creeping into my callous eyes.
Disbelief. Distrust.
I run.
With faltering steps, haltingly and unsure. Away from you.
Watch me grope about, touching fire and ice.
Indulging in the bittersweet pain, willing to replace your presence in every iota of my being.
Watch me scream, with a burning rage, wanting to tear the skin off my body, where your smell still lingers.
Watch me, as nostalgia crawls around my neck, stifles my screams, renders me breathless and finally, inert.
Watch me, as I get up, slowly, only to stumble, then crawl.
Watch.
Wait. 
To nurse my crimson palms and knees.
For I may run. But, where will I run, if not right back to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment